Hippeastrum generally blooms in April in the spring and then blooms again in the winter of that year, so it is very important to do a good job of hippeastrum maintenance management in the spring, not only to promote hippeastrum flowering but also to ensure the healthy growth of hippeastrum that year.
1. Change the pot: hippeastrum grow fast, after 1 year of growth, should be replaced with an adapted pot.
2. Change soil: hippeastrum potting soil after 1 or 2 years of planting, potting soil fertilizer lack, in order to promote the new year growth and flowering, should be replaced with new soil.
3. Splitting: hippeastrum grows fast, after 1 or 2 years of growth, the head grows a lot of small bulbs, so in the change of pot, change of soil at the same time to split the plant, the large plants are combined into one pot, the medium plants are combined into one pot, the small plants are combined into one pot.
4. Fertilization: hippeastrum in the change of pots, soil, planting at the same time to apply fertilizer, potting once a month after the application of phosphorus and potassium fertilizer, the principle of fertilization is thin application diligent application, to promote flower bud differentiation and flowering.
5. Pruning: hippeastrum fast-growing, long, and dense leaves, should be changed in the pot, soil change at the same time the defeated leaves, dead roots, pests, and diseases root leaves cut off, leaving vigorous leaves.
6. Pest control: In order to make hippeastrum grow vigorously and flower early, pest control should be carried out, spraying anthers once a month, spraying anthers to be carried out at 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. or so on sunny days, the hot sun at noon should not be sprayed to prevent drug damage.