Cat fleas are a very common parasite, cat infection, not only because it causes skin inflammation, more importantly, cat fleas carry a variety of bacteria, and even cause some infectious diseases, like plague, murine typhus and other diseases in the process of transmission, fleas are an important transmission medium.
So for the health of cats and their owners, it is important to do a good job of preventing and killing fleas on cats.
1. You can mix orange peel, grapefruit peel, three cloves of garlic, a tablespoon of rosemary (or not) and about 500 ml of water together, mix well with a juicer, and then heat on low heat for 15 minutes. When it cools, put it into a spray bottle, avoid the cat’s eyes and spray it onto its body.
2. You can regularly put some herbal packs in the area where your cat is often active. The packs can be filled with leaves of cedar, laurel, eucalyptus, as well as lavender, absinthe, fennel and mint. This method can also get rid of cat fleas!
3. You can mix a teaspoon of vinegar in about 1000 ml of water as your cat’s daily drinking water, which is very effective in preventing fleas and flat ticks.
4. Bathing your cat to keep its body clean is also an effective way to eliminate fleas. While bathing, you can use flea-killing shampoo and care solution to clean your cat starting from the head and little by little towards the tail to thoroughly remove fleas from within the hair.
5. Keeping the cat’s living environment clean and comfortable is the best way to eliminate cat flea breeding. If you have a cat family, you must clean and ventilate more often. Regularly vacuum the floors and dead corners of the house. Cat litter, cat clothes, toys, food bowls and other items need to be cleaned regularly and taken to the sun for disinfection, and you can also spray pet disinfectant to prevent the breeding and growth of cat fleas.
6. If the cat fleas are more serious and cause the cat to develop skin disease, the epidermis begins to appear red patches and accompanied by the phenomenon of hair loss. The owner should promptly take the cat to the vet to avoid aggravation of the cat’s condition.